- Applying for a passport for a first time
- Renewing a passport for children under 16 (form DS3053)
- If previous passport was damaged, lost or stolen
- If previous passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- If previous passport was issued when applicant was under age of 16
- Supporting documents
- Copy of ID
- Birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization (present original and provide a copy)
- Proof of relationship to child (when applying for a child under 16)
- Passport-style photo
One recent 2 x 2 passport photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
Payment must be in the form of a Money Order or a Cashier’s Check (Bank Check) made payable to “U.S. Department of State”.